Sunday, December 30, 2012

LesMisLesMisLesMis

"There's a grief that cannot be spoken.
 There's a pain that goes on and on.
 Empty chairs at empty tables--
 Now my friends are dead and gone.
 Here, they talked of revolution.
 Here it was they lit the flame.
 Here it was they sang about 'tomorrow,'
 And tomorrow never came.
 From the table in the corner
 They could see a world reborn.
 And they rose with voices ringing.
 I can hear them now!
 The very words that they had sung
 Had become their last communion
 On the lonely barricade at dawn.
 Oh, my friends, my friends, forgive me!
 That I live and you are gone.
 There is a grief that cannot be spoken.
 There's a pain that goes on and on.
 Phantom faces at the window,
 Phantom shadows on the floor.
 Empty chairs at empty tables
 Where my friends will meet no more.
 Oh, my friends, my friends, don't ask me
 What your sacrifice was for.
 Empty chairs at empty tables
 Where my friends will meet no more...

...Do you hear the people sing,
Lost in the valley of the night?
It is a music of a people
Who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth
There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end,
And the sun will rise!
They will live again in freedom
In the garden of the Lord
They will walk behind the plough-share
They will put away the sword.
The chain will be broken
And all men will have their reward.
Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Do you hear the people sing?
Say, do you hear the distant drums?
It is the future that they bring
When tomorrow comes!"

Seriously.So inspirational...the ending gave me goosebumps.
Can't wait to buy the soundtrack.And to buy the movie and watch it again...and again...and again...


No comments:

Post a Comment